Now, why didn't I choose the post-exilic prophets for a major focus!
How can I be sure?
Malachi and a mirror
Imagine you are your favourite action hero. Not sure what is round the corner she edges towards the corner of the corridor she clutches the butt of her pistol, ready herself and pounces round the corner ready to blast the living daylights out of anything that exists. Not being sure of something changes the way we act. During a time of major change in the way people lived their lives Malachi looks on and can see them asking how can I be sure?
This five week series will give us the opportunity to hold Malachi up like a mirror. As we ask our Questions Malachi reflects them back through 2500 years of history:
- Can I be sure if God exists he loves me? Aren’t all vicars are pedophiles?
- Why do the good die young and evil people last forever?
- Jesus was a good bloke, do I have to believe he was God’s messenger or son?
- Does any good come out of giving your life to God?
- I enjoyed watching “War of the Worlds” but I don’t believe it. Why should I believe in Christian Apocalypse?
SEARCH Tim's sites