Burmese dinner and cultural evening: for Cyclone relief
I am having reverse "senior moments", I remember writing a post about the Cyclone Nargis fundraising dinner BCNZ the West Auckland Burmese community are putting on, with Burmese food and dancing and songs from Karen, Kachin and Chin groups, but it was not here when Miriam sent me a notice about it this morning :(
So, here, I hope not too late for you to sign up, is a link to the invitation
, and extracts of the details, it is:
- organised by the Burmese Christian Fellowship,
- on Sunday July 20th from 5pm till 7pm
- $25 per person includes food, entertainment and donation to Cyclone Nargis relief (organised informally through contacts on the spot)
- at Bible College of New Zealand (if it has not changed its name by then ;) 221 Lincoln Rd, Henderson, traffic light entrance opposite Pak N Save, "entrance through the muli-storey brick building at the end of the drive"
- please pay in advance to:
- Adrienne Coats 837 1507
- Paul Long 818 3874
- Khun Aung 630 8975
- David Thorpe 826 0864
If anyone needs lift from over our way please contact me!
Labels: burma, cyclone, karen, nargis